Equipment Use Agreement
The Company is Loch Awe Boathouses. The Client is any person/s or company who uses or has agreed to use Equipment from the Company. Equipment means items provided by the Company detailed in this agreement and used in conjunction with this agreement.
- An adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18 on their trip.
- Clients Guest’s and children must be supervised and accompanied – you have sole responsibility.
- All clients must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the Loch.
- A minimum of 2 people must paddle a Canadian canoe unless the client has previous experience. Paddleboards and Kayak can be used individually
- Equipment must be lifted into the water and not dragged across the rocks.
- It is advised that all participants are proficient swimmers.
- Boathouse clients can only use equipment on Loch Awe.
- Usage is subject to safe Loch levels and weather conditions. Please be aware of weather conditions and keep close to the shore. Please do not try and navigate across Loch Awe
- The client assumes complete responsibility for any loss or damage to equipment during the period of use and agrees to pay for any loss or damage of equipment (allowing for fair wear and tear) Clients must report lost equipment so that other Guests will not be let down.
- The client will ensure that all equipment is kept in their possession throughout the usage period and is not left unattended at any time.
- The client agrees not to sell, sublet or dispose of any items of equipment.
- The client will allow access to equipment at any reasonable time by company representatives for the purpose of inspection, repair or removal.
- Clients must be considerate to all other Loch users i.e. fellow canoeists, powered boats and fisherman.
- Clients are responsible for ensuring they have the correct clothing, and are fit enough to complete any trip comfortably.
- Consumption of alcohol in boats is not permitted at any time. Alcohol can be carried for consumption off the water (overnight camps etc.).
- Clients who appear under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed access to Canoes, Kayaks and Paddleboards.
- Fishing is permitted under the Achnacarron licences – YOU MUST THOROUGHLY WASH THE BOATS AFTER FOR NEXT GUEST’S
- There must be a designated responsible adult over the age of 18 years for any use.
- The designated responsible adult must agree to these terms & conditions and ensure that all of the party are aware of them. By signing this agreement the client is agreeing that those taking part are competent to do so. If you have any doubt about the competency of the users you should not agree for them to participate on your trip.
- The designated responsible adult must ensure they have read and understood the safety information and ensured that all of the party are aware of this. By signing this agreement each participant will be confirming they have read and understood the safety information.
- DISCLAIMER. The owners of Loch Awe Boathouse will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of their client’s use of canoes, kayak and paddleboards unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
- Canoeing, Kayak and paddle boarding are inherently dangerous activities with a danger of personal injury or death attached. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you are confirming that you are aware of this and accept the risks associated with this activity.
- Loch Awe Boathouses does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You accept that you are taking your personal property on to the river at your own risk.
- Clients booking by telephone or email will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. Electronic acceptance is deemed to be a contractual commitment.
- Clients with existing injuries should not participate if the nature of the injury will affect their ability to take part in the activity.
- We strongly recommend pregnant persons do not take part in any of the activities on the water if they are over 6 months pregnant – You are advised this is entirely at your own risk.
- We strongly recommend that you take out personal accident insurance to cover your participation in these water activities. We also advise that you take out liability insurance to cover you in case your paddling activities result in injuries to third parties
- We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Guests are responsible for checking all equipment is servable for use
Once the signed agreement has been received we will send the code for the boat store lock. This room is located underneath the Boathouse and must be locked after each use.
Please leave the boat store in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next guest. Life Jackets need to be hung up on the rack and paddles left in the paddle rack. We understand that equipment will get damaged from time to time – Please let us know if paddles or life jackets have been lost as we are contractually required to provide them for our guests.
There are often several Canoes, Kayaks and paddleboards locked – these boards either belong to clients or are for private use by the family.
We provide a minimum of 1 Canadian Canoe, 1 two seat Kayak and one paddleboard with associated paddles (all double paddles)
We provide various life jackets from small to extra large – there should be two of each.
PLEASE DO NOT USE WHITE TOWELS OUTSIDE – ONLY USE THE BEACH TOWELS PROVIDED – THANK YOU
Please fill out your details below to agree to the above conditions
All fields below must be filled